While trying to clean up and refactor the Equinox XSLT transform code (a moderately complex Equinox framework extension broken out among several bundles) that I wrote last year I find myself in one of three situations:
- I can have code that doesn’t compile without discouraged access warnings but works just fine in a running instance.
- I can have code that compiles cleanly but wont actually work in a running instance by virtue of how Equinox loads framework extensions.
- I can have code that compiles cleanly, runs fine, but is held together by spite, twine, and reflection.
Some days you’re the windshield, other days you’re the bug. 🙂